“it isn't writing at all - it's typing.”
- truman capote

search this blog

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Stylo

This week was concentrating on the technical process of how I'm going to do my final project. Last week I was talking about how I know how the dataviz is supposed to be, I just don't know how to. Well, I guess I've conceded defeat, because for the ideas I was hoping I found the dataviz option too difficult. I don't just want to make a boring graph. I'm interested in trying to discover a way to create my ideas, but in the space of two weeks that'll be unlikely.

So, I have been researching the geo-narrative. It seems more my thing, anyway, less mathematical. I've been coming up with ideas for a suitable story, and am determined to make something that has meaning deep down but seems a bunch of fun.

I'm thinking something topical about the internet, getting to the roots of this subject and consequences of networking and such, whether this be social or otherwise. I don't want it to be too corny, or saying 'Facebook is bad lol'. That's been overdone but I want my story to have a cultural landscape. Internetscape. Whatever the hell it is.

Today's tutorial was pretty much dedicated to me trying to work out how I attach images and such to a location. In typical form I over complicated it, got frustrated, and couldn't find out how. Until me and another student managed to find out via a previous student's blog post - the key in attaching images and such to Google maps was by creating an account and making a path. You can then put the images in via HTML, so the images require a link. This is convenient because I can upload images to Flickr and this shows a networking element. Connecting to other websites and such. Niftynifty.

Anyway, so now that I've conquered that battle, I just need to create a storyboard and such and get excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment