“it isn't writing at all - it's typing.”
- truman capote

search this blog

Friday, April 30, 2010

overload'd

I've been finding heaps of examples of dataviz. I've felt inspired by some, encouraged to create a visualisation on something I'm interested in... and I get an idea, but the other half of my brain asks the unfairly negative question 'How?'. And that's when I get stumped. I have had a few ideas, but I feel as though I'm not talented enough to do them. The most exciting dataviz examples seem complicated when I consider how they're actually made. I've never used Flash, so that rules out those examples, and I'm determined to do it via computer instead of handmade.

Ever since we were shown an example of a previous student's geo narrative, I've felt much more inspired to do that one - any chance to be arty. (I feel like dataviz might be too mathematical for my tiny illogical brain.) So I've been trying to think of a geo narrative that would make mine original, not a blatant copy of this student's, and a way that also reflects something about the internetscape nowadays.

Still racking my brains. I'm hoping for a perfect idea that will be fictional but highlight something important. Contextual, y'know.

I know what dataviz is supposed to be, but I have no idea how I could actually do it in a cool nifty way. Still working that part out.

No comments:

Post a Comment